Saturday, August 7, 2010

Saturday Afternoon Luxury, Lunch With My Sister



I wasn't planning on posting today, but I made a lovely, quick lunch with my sister and I thought it was worth sharing. The photo is not styled, it is taken as it was plopped onto the plate and before I ate it. My sisters came to stay the night with my daughter and I last night, my husband is away. It is nice, and a great luxury, to have sisters who are also your friends!! We had a great time, made pizzas on the grill, the bean dip my friend was kind enough to share the recipe (I will share it at another time), wine and homemade cookies. I had actually planned on writing about our "girls night in", set the table, arranged the food, lit the candles and well..... a few glasses of wine and giggles and the evening took off before the camera came out.
This afternoon, we had an early lunch and are heading to the pool for the afternoon (not a bad day, I might add, the weather is lovely!!). I thought I'd share what we ate as it was really quick to put together and very good!!

-Whole wheat Naan bread spread with goat cheese and covered with fresh beef steak tomato slices baked until bread was crunchy and cheese soft.
-While that was baking, I mixed arugula and basil leaves and dressed them with fresh lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil and fresh cracked pepper
-When the bread was out of the oven, I topped it with the arugula mixture and topped that with avocado, (because frankly, this summer I am addicted to avocado and am topping almost everything with them!!)

Served with a glass of sparkling water outside with wonderful weather, it was a perfect little lunch with perfect company!! Now off to the pool to enjoy my luxurious day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment