Sunday, April 18, 2010

Little Luxury, simple comfort food...



Feeling a little down today; weather is dreary, lots on my mind, lots of places to be, lots of things to do, lots of lots!! Decided to take a few minutes for a little luxury in the form of indulgence - biscuits!! I love biscuits!! They are warm, flakey, rich and buttery little pieces of heaven. I love them covered in honey, to me the perfect comfort food for a down day.

I have developed a recipe that is as simple as it is delicious. You can roll out the dough and cut it into a shape, but I don't bother. I just scoop them onto a parchment lined baking sheet!! Could it be any easier? Paired with a cup of tea and a linen napkin, I am now ready to take on the day!!

Easy Biscuits:

2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 stick butter
1 cup vanilla yogurt

In a big bowl, combine dry ingredients with butter until a course consistancy. Add vanilla yogurt. The dough will be wet. Scoop onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes (turning sheet 1/2 way thru). Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment