Saturday, May 22, 2010

Time for Bed!!!





All images courtesy of Canadian House & Home, one of my favorite magazines!!

I have had bedrooms on the brain lately!! I have 2 clients that are sprucing up their bedrooms. One client is having house guests next week and we have been getting their guest rooms ready. We have had curtains and roman shades made for the 2 rooms, a fabric headboard for one, new bedding and custom shelf tables, the list goes on and on. A lot of things to think about. This afternoon I will be shopping for accessories and early in the week pulling the rooms together. I will post pictures when they are ready. I always get excited when the spaces I'm working on are coming together.
I pulled the above "inspiration" photos from Canadian House & Home, one of my favorite magazines. These rooms have all the elements I like to incorporate in a bedroom
  • A restful color on the walls
  • White or cream bedding with a pop of color in a headboard, dust ruffle, coverlet or accessory pillows
  • Carefully chosen and placed accessories
  • Fresh Flowers!!!

Since the bedroom is the place you begin and end each day, I like them to be calm, serene and uncluttered. I like the bed to be dressed in white or cream, it always reminds me of rest and becomes hotel like, luxurious. I am not opposed to color, my daughter has a colorful set, but when I can use plain, soft, plush bedding, I do. Some of my favorite designers, Vincente Wolf, Barbara Barry and Mariette Himes Gomaz take the white bed to a great level of sophistication.

Can't wait to share the "fruits of my labor" with you later this week. For now I am off to find lamps and other accessories. Accessory shopping on a Saturday afternoon, now that is a little luxury to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment