Thursday, July 29, 2010

Late To The Party........

Word of warning.... this post is full of pictures of delicious looking food, so if you are hungry, I
apologize from the start! We spent this past weekend at our friend's lake house. It was a lovely time, lots of food, wine, family time, beach time, sun, good conversation..... It was also a time of discovering a new luxury for me; my friend had a stack of back issues of Food & Wine magazine. I am embarrassed to say I have not read this magazine before!! I can't believe it, I am completely addicted to magazines and this one is right up my alley! It was a perfect accompaniment for sitting on the sand, watching the waves, enjoying the kids having a ball and relaxing. It was also great to look at them while eating my friend's awesome white bean dip with crudite and a chilled glass of white!! Maybe I can coax her to share the recipe with us, it is fabulous! We also spread it on turkey sandwiches for lunch on fresh baked pretzel bread..... awww..... but I digress......
Their slogan is, "Food & Wine, inspiration served daily". I like that. I love the interesting and artfully arranged photos of food also!! The magazine features recipes, cooking tips, travel information, restaurant reviews, information about chefs, wine pairings, cocktail recipes, serving suggestions, photos of people enjoying a get together.......they even had an article about planting a cocktail garden!! Planting herbs and vegetables that go into cocktails. I love to eat, cook and set a table, so my head was swimming in thoughts of fresh ingrediants and turning my kitchen into a testing ground for a whole new list of recipes and ideas!! Setting the atmosphere for a great meal was also on my mind. They have a great website with their recipes, tips and articles archived, http://www.foodandwine.com/. Needless to say, I signed up for a subscription!!


The new object of my affection......

Goat cheese and rosemary stuffed mushrooms, I will be serving these....

A deconstructed shrimp and crab tostada appetizer, I could make a meal of this.....

Delicious looking grilled flatbreads, the flavor combinations are endless....

I want to pull a chair right up and dig in!!!

Strawberry shortcake puffs, how divine......

A fabulous presentation!!!

Of course, we can't forget the wine!!!!

Burgers a la Bobby Flay!!

Ricotta pancakes with orange syrup, I can taste them already!!

Goat cheese pudding, thought this sounded really interesting a combination of sweet and tart. I want to make this!! Love the glasses, they give the source to find them. I will own a set!!
Do you read Food & Wine? I can't believe I'm so late to the party!!








1 comment: